Saturday 7 September 2013

If Stress Burned Calories, I would be a Supermodel.

According to Thefreedictionary.com stress is a "Mental or emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition occurring in response to adverse external influences capable of affecting physical health, usually characterized by increase heart rate, a rise in blood pressure, muscular tension, irritability, and depression". I don't know about you but this seems like scary 'hobble cocky' that just reminds me that I am a nursing student who has an exam on Monday and is ill prepared.

Oxygenation... Fluid Regulation... Cardiovascular System... Why oh why do you have to be so full of information that may or may not be in this exam.

I think every late teen, or human in general, experiences this feeling of stress and making that one promise to ourselves that we are going to do better next time. Save the brain from going into over load, save the shaky body from the caffeinated beverages and definitely prevent those dark 'all-nighter' bags that rest under your eyes the day of the exam. Yet instead what do we do? We catch TV, eat all the food in the pantry, go to the parties because you haven't seen your friends in 'years', then freak out the week before the exam.

Typical.

One does have to admit that feeling after the exam is over, is exhilarating. The small feeling of success as you hold back that one tear of exhaustion, almost giving away the sleepless night. This moment does soon sails away, followed by the feeling of oh sh*t, I hope I passed!! and back flows the "emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition" called 'Stress'.

So I am at the highly caffeinated, temperamental, freak out, zombie stage on the 'Study-Stress Chart'. Yup, just burning through the small amount of hours I have left 'til my exam. Wish me luck..


- This blog was apart of my study break.

No comments:

Post a Comment